ENGLISH (832) 930-3059 | SPANISH (832) 356-7254
Daniel Albert Law FirmDaniel Albert Law Firm

Visitor Visa

Visitor Visa

Ideally, foreign travelers who wish to enter the U.S. lawfully for business or tourism must have a temporary visa. Each visa has its provisions based on your reason for visiting the country, and Non-Immigrant Visa also called the Visitor Visa (B-1 or B-2), may be used for the same.

The B-1/ B-2 is a temporary, non-immigrant visa authorizing its holder to travel to The States for business and non-business purposes. A variety of other reasons for travel under B-Visa may include:

  • Visiting family
  • Taking a vacation
  • Settling a relative’s estate
  • Receiving a medical treatment
  • Enrolling in recreational programs
  • Attending leisurely events or business conferences

While the B-1/ B-2 visas are helpful, these cannot be used under certain circumstances. As per the U.S. DOS, you cannot undertake the following activities under the B-Visa:

  • Study
  • Find long-term employment
  • Participate in paid professional performances
  • Work in information media
  • Arrive as an aircraft or ship crew
  • Obtain permanent residence

The B visitor visa is issued for 180 days (can be extended up to a year). It doesn’t grant you a lawful permanent resident status, but you can certainly apply for a green card following the requisite procedure. Besides, you are not permitted to travel outside the country if an extension or status change is pending with the USCIS.

You must demonstrate that your travel is temporary, and you have no intention of staying in America beyond your stay. Besides, you will be eligible for a B-1/ B-2 visa upon having the following:

  • A valid passport
  • Completed form DS-160
  • Documentation of last 5 years of travel to the U.S. (if any)
  • The ability to self-fund the entire trip’s cost
  • Property/ job proof showing ties with the home country
  • A need for treatment in the U.S. (if medical purpose)

Compile and carry all essential documents and attend the interview as scheduled. It is at the interview that the consular officer will decide if you can enter America. There is no guarantee you will receive a visa, but this isn’t usually the case with most individuals. You must also contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country to determine if you are eligible for a waiver and not attend the interview. Partnering with an immigration attorney is your best bet not to make costly mistakes navigating the process.

A Daniel Albert Law Attorney Can Help

If you are interested in pursuing a B-visa for yourself, a loved one, or an employee, we can help. Our firm is well-versed with the different immigration compliances and thoroughly understands the ins and outs of the process to get you the desired results. If you are looking to obtain a U.S. visitor visa, you can take advantage of the extensive experience offered at the Daniel Albert Law Firm. We have decades of specialization and are ready to put that proficiency at work for you.

Call us at 832-930-3059 and book a consultation today.

Subscribe to our newsletter and promotions